Camper applications can now be completed ONLINE: (or you may use the attached document below)
When and where is Camp Erin – Albany?
- Friday, September 25th through Sunday, September 27th, 2015
- Camp Erin - Albany be held at the Fowler Camp and Retreat Center on Sacandaga Lake in Speculator, NY.
- Bus transportation will be available to all campers, and will depart from and return to a predetermined location in Albany.
Who can apply to Camp Erin - Albany?
- Any child or teen, aged 6 – 17 years old who has experienced a death-related loss in their lifetime.
- It does not matter if the loved one was a participant of Hospice services or not.
- It does not matter how long ago the death occurred.
- It does not matter what county or state you reside in, as long as you are willing to travel to Albany, NY for all events.
- Camp Erin - Albany is free for all campers and volunteers.
What happens after I submit an application?
- Applications are due by: JULY 1st 2015. Due to space limitations, we can only accept 60 campers a year.
- Interviews will be conducted in May through July. We will call to schedule an onsite interview (required).
- Acceptance letters will be send out in August by email.
- The Ice Cream Social is a required event for all accepted campers, held Sunday, September 8th.
- Camp Erin Weekend will be held Friday, September 25th - Sunday, September 27th, 2015
We can only accept 60 campers per year, so please apply as soon as possible!
Applications are due by JULY 1ST 2015
Please return all applications to:
The Community Hospice
Macedonia Baptist Church
Attn: Tara Hempel, LMSW
26 Wilson Ave., Albany, NY 12205