Free of charge.
An application and in person intake are
Families may attend any site,
regardless of what county they live in.
Children must attend all sessions with an adult.
Who can apply to Wave Riders?
- Any child or teen, aged 3 – 17 years old who has experienced a death-related loss in their lifetime.
- It does not matter if the loved one was a relative or not. As long as it was an important person in your child's life
- It does not matter if the loved one was a participant of Hospice services or not.
- It does not matter how long ago the death occurred.
- It does not matter what county or state you reside in, as long as you are willing to travel to the site you choose, for all six weeks.
- Wave Riders is free for all families.
What happens after I submit an application?
- We will contact you before the group's start date to schedule an required onsite intake.
- If your application is accepted, attendance is required for all six weeks of group.
Please complete an online application, or use the form attached below, and send to:
The Community Hospice
Att: Mary Crea
445 New Karner Rd.
Albany, NY 12205