Free of charge.
An application and in person intake are
Families may attend any site,
regardless of what county they live in.
Children must attend all sessions with a parent or legal guardian.
Who can apply to Wave Riders?
- Any child or teen, aged 3 – 17 years old who has experienced a death-related loss in their lifetime.
- It does not matter if the loved one was a relative or not. As long as it was an important person in your child's life
- It does not matter if the loved one was a participant of Hospice services or not.
- It does not matter how long ago the death occurred.
- It does not matter what county or state you reside in, as long as you are willing to travel to the site you choose, for all six weeks.
- Wave Riders is free for all families.
What happens after I submit an application?
- We will contact you before the group's start date to schedule an required onsite intake.
- If your application is accepted, attendance is required for all six weeks of group.
Please complete an online application, or use the form attached below, and send to:
The Community Hospice
Att: Mary Crea
445 New Karner Rd.
Albany, NY 12205